Sunday, December 23, 2007

'if with images, if with words'

My attempt to become a serious photographer happened after intimately embracing solitude. Nothing tragic really occurred that day; it's just that I felt left alone. So I decided to wander around take some pictures. I packed my stuff, borrowed a camera from a friend and then I found my self in the Parish Church of Bacong and its beach front. After a more than a hundred shots, I was not contented with what I got. Believe me, I took almost 400 shots that day.The next best place I can think of is Dauin (the next town). In just a few minute of commuting from Bacong, I visited a familiar place and there I got better shots.

I'm not really sure if these are good or bad photographs but I enjoyed taking them and I believe in the stories they want to tell.





More photos here. The title of this post is from a poem by Marjorie Evasco.

No comments: